Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Time for the ultimate test

Back in January 2009, I had to pull a few late nighters at work (like, serious late nights till 10 pm). Around that time, I started going through a flare. It was the stress of working late and working on time-consuming, minuscule spreadsheets. I went through a crazy flare that lasted about 10 days. The fever came about 2 days after the dull ache in the back of my eyes started. I ignored it, of course, and it blew into a full-fledged flare. I didn't have meds at the time but the late nights stopped and the fever went away on its own.

Today, I had to work late again. Not like the last time where I was at work till 10 pm but late enough. And I wasn't looking at spreadsheets today but I felt the familiar ache in the my back of my eyes. It's clear that I've stressed my body. Now, I need to figure this out. If I take it easy the next few days, will it go away on its own or will I need to call for reinforcements? Will this dull ache progress into a fever? Will I need to resort to the Prednisone? Let's see... I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment