Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Returning to Normalcy

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted here. It's been an interesting two weeks. First off, I reduced my Prednisone down to 2.5 mg today. I had my regular afternoon nap for 45 mins and was fine after that. Let's see how the next 2 weeks go. More importantly, I am curious to see how I am without the medication at all.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law left for India last week and the week leading up to it were pretty hectic. Not because I was involved in their packing or anything. More because I was taking over some of my mother-in-law's responsibilities. In a way, I think it's a good thing. It's not a whole lot but enough to have a few additional things on my daily to-do list. It's a good thing because they're going to be gone till March 8 and I plan on going back to work on a gradual return to work schedule on March 2. This is a good primer for me to get into the habit of doing a bit more but in the comfort of my own home.

I had a long chat with my VP last Friday. She had no idea about what was going on with me. About the seizure, about the driver's license, about the lupus, nothing - she had no clue. I was a so mad with Liz for not having told her but then I learned that Liz has been in and out of the hospital herself over the last 2 months. I must call her and see how she's doing as well.

On another note, I got approved for long term disability and got my first cheque for the period Nov 20-Dec 11. I should be getting cheques on Jan 11, Feb 11 and Mar 11 before I go back to work.

I have a few appointments lined up in the next month: Family doctor appointment on Dec 17. Rheumatologist appointment on Jan 8. Obstetrician appointment on Jan 27 (I never did end up seeing her for my post-op appointment after the miscarriage because I was in Dubai and then in the hospital). I will talk to her about when it would be safe to try for another baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment