Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year... no time for failure

Well, the new year is upon us in a big bad way. The temperature in Toronto hasn't gone above minus ten the last three days. The blowing snow cuts through your skin like a precision laser-sharpened swiss army knife. You don't feel it till it leaves you in a pool of blood. Yes, it is that dramatic. And it makes you appreciate the wonderful weather that spring, summer and fall brings.

I'm not one for making new year's resolutions. I stopped making them when I was in the tenth grade and I realised that I never, ever stick to them. I'd rather make smaller, more achievable, more "stickable" goals. So, this year's resolution is simple. Do not skip breakfast. Do not substitute coffee for a nutritious morning meal. Sounds simple enough, right? I think it's something that I will be able to stick to the entire year. Maybe next year I might make a more solid (read universally appealing) resolution. For now, at this stage in my life, I think breakfast is the most important thing I can commit to.

I came off the Prednisone completely on Jan 1. Surprisingly, I have felt absolutely NO effects of dropping the medication. I was expecting to be miserably lethargic, like I was with the last two reductions. On the contrary, I've been energetic and I've been sleeping pretty well at night too. I even stayed up on the first day till almost 2 am and still woke up feeling perfectly fine. That's a pretty good start for 2010, wouldn't you think?

On another note, I've reconnected with some of my friends. I really think I need to get out more. It's too bad that I can't drive but if I can still find a way to get out and meet my friends, then I know I'll be ok when I finally do get my license back. We're also having a small get-together at our house on Jan 23. I'm finally up to having people over and tired of being a recluse. Hope it goes well and my health keeps up.

Happy new year to all of you! Hope the start of this new decade brings a world of good things for everyone. Some of the highlights of the year for me.... one of my friends is to have a baby and I'm ecstatic for her - what a way to start the decade! One of my cousins is getting married. I turn 30 (wow!!) and my mum turns 50 (bigger wow!). I will celebrate my 12th wedding anniversary. I will submit my first manuscript to Harlequin.

Milestones with my readers... feel free to comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment