Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Things About My Invisible Illness You May Not Know

1. The illness(es) I live with: Lupus, Seizure disorder
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2009
3. But I had symptoms since: 2005 regularly but on and off since 1993
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: stopping when things get crazy
5. Most people assume: I am just fine or not doing enough to get better.
6. The hardest part about mornings are: getting out of bed and staying out of it.
7. My favorite medical TV show is: Who has time for TV
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: my laptop & BlackBerry
9. The hardest part about nights are: insomnia bc of Prednisone
10. Each day I take _about 8_ pills & vitamins.
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: Not ready for alternative treatments yet except for eating a proper diet.
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: visible
13. Regarding working and career: I think I'll be ready to go back in 2 months
14. People would be surprised to know: I love my meds - they make me feel better
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: this is it. This is my life now.
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: Be a stay-at-home mom and keep myself busy all day
17. The commercials about my illness: I've never seen one for any of the diseases I have.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: driving. My license was revoked after I had a seizure.
19. It was really hard to have to give up: being in control of everything
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: Writing a blog and a romance novel for Harlequin. It has maintained my sanity.
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: spend it playing with the family.
22. My illness has taught me: accept that everything happens with God's will
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: "If you'd get out and exercise more...."
24. But I love it when people: help when I really need it.
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: This will pass
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: It's overwhelming and scary but you will be OK.
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: how many other people have the same issues I have.
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: taking care of Camran so I could just deal with the pain on my own time.
29. The fact that you read this: means you want to know about what's wrong with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment